Marcus Books’ on-line store offers ad space for your book on its website: http:// http://www.marcusbooks.com.
This is what you’ll get for $100:
* An on-line presence to sell your book with the oldest African American bookstore in the world (52 years of service).
* On a full page of ads (entitled New Works), your book cover is situated within a “block” of 36 covers.
* The block of covers is presented in the same format as the other listings on our website.
* The book covers are buttons that take readers to an individual full page, just for your book, that includes your book cover (enlarged), the title, author, description of your book, price, and binding (cloth or paperback).
* An add-to-cart button that goes to the Marcus Books website’s secured account with Paypal which processes the sale of your book.
* After a sale, the author receives the standard 60% of the price of the book (by mail) and Marcus Books receives 40%.
* A web link for your individual book page that you can use to promote your book.
* Your ad stays posted on the Marcus Books website for 6 (six) months.
After Marcus Books receives your payment you will be asked (via email) to supply the following:
* A jpeg of your book cover (If you don’t have a jpeg, Marcus Books will scan your book cover after we receive your books.)
* A description of your book (There is no limit to the number of words you can use, but you must have permission from the reviewers to use their reviews of your book.)
* The title, price, publisher, distributor, or the address, phone number and email of the supplier, if self published.
* Availability: your book must be ready to ship within two days of an order we receive through the website. If you are self-published, we recommend that you send two copies of your book to our San Francisco store on a consignment basis, then your book will be in stock when we receive an order. (Consignment is a process that allows a store to carry a product without the store’s commitment to purchase the product within the usual 30-60 day terms of purchase. This is a practical approach for a store to acquire a product before the store sees a demand for the product. With consignment terms, an author is paid by check as the books are sold.)
* Know beforehand that the minimum wholesale discount from a publisher, distributor or self-published author to a bookstore is 40% to 50% of the price of the book.
* This introductory price expires August 1st, 2012.
* Your book will be posted to the website two weeks after your process has been completed in a first-come-first-serve position.
email@example.com or call Marcus Books of San Francisco, 415 346 4222 for more info